Tuesday 14 July 2009

Influences from the changing spaces commission

In terms of further influences from seeing he changing spaces program, after research I came across some audience members that have been widely influenced by the changing spaces project and the idea of brightening up empty shops.

This also shows my commission goes further than just a project, because people are still being influenced by the idea we originated in shop windows with Tony Jones.

Below is the main influence I could find from my changing spaces commission. I personally thought it was quite interesting and I am glad the project has influenced many others to go further and brighten up empty shops themselves.




Influences throughout Cambridge


There have also been many influences throughout Cambridge due to the changing spaces project which I was involved in. I think the initial show reel showing inside the habitat shop really got the audience interested and shops throughout Cambridge have flourished from the project, as shown below.




This shop is near bridge street on Cambridge and was previously 'Manon interiors' an interior design shop. What I like about this shop personally is it is in one of the most public parts of Cambridge right by the river and the punting attractions and would therefore get a lot of attention. This showing of artwork in Cambridge was influenced by my initial show reel and the evolutions of the changing spaces project I worked on for this commission.


This shop previously was a mr shoes shop, and since the company has gone under administration the shop has been let out for the changing spaces project. Here you can see some more artwork with various members of the public, who yet again seem very interested.

This shop is directly beside the Cambridge market square which I focused on in the initial show reel. Therefore this shop gets an immense amount of public walk by and is in my opinion an excellent place to showcase work, along with the Manon interiors shop near bridge street and the punting attractions.


This is another shop in Bridge strret near Manon interiors and also showcases some artwork for the changing spaces project. Shops such as these in my opinion have been widely influenced by the commission project I worked on when introducing the changing spaces project by the show reels I worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment