Thursday 16 July 2009

My Implications for future work

The show reel and changing spaces project has been very influential in terms of my work and working with a client. In terms of implications for future work, the commission project has ensured that I take care and specific attention to the demands of the client and their personal opinions.

Even though sometimes these may differ, (such as the difference in my opinion to Tony Jones regarding the punting in Cambridge on the initial show reel) I have learnt that while working with a client it is always necessary to take notice of their opinions and sometimes, they may be making a good point.

I also learnt during the commission process that sometimes when the clients and my personal views are very similar or the same, we can create a very effective finished product which we are both happy with.

The commission process has ensured that my managerial skills, negotiation skills and confidence when pitching various ideas has been substantially boosted. In terms of working with clients in the future, I think the commission project has put me in a much better position than previously, as it has boosted the skills above and has meant that I now take greater care and consideration into the views of the client.

I also now due to commission, have a wider knowledge of deadlines and time limits working in the real life media industry. Although I normally always meet the deadlines set because I do not like to fall behind on work, in the commission project - the show reels, rough cuts of these and pitches and ideas had to be in for set deadlines which were much stricter than deadlines I had ever worked on before; this consequently led me to take more attention to deadlines and work harder to meet these and get everything successfully completed.

Another thing boosted by the commission project is the method of sticking to the brief of the client. While various other projects had been slightly more lenient with the brief of work, such as the interaction project and the music video project, this commission project had a concrete brief which also meant a lot of limitations. Therefore, this project has boosted my skills of working towards a brief with little limitation and this is something I will take into consideration when working in future commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment